If you still have the retail box (black box with picture on the top of the module), you can look on the "spine" and there should be a sticker that has some numbers in the format of:
The first number is the major version, the second is minor version, and the "Rx" section is just a build number.
V8.3R1 is Version 8, minor version 3, Release(build) 1
The module will do the following if you plug it in, or whenever it wakes from sleep:
- The LEDS will cycle end to end as the module performs it's internal diagnostics
- Once they complete, it will BLINK the LED on the far right the number of times for the major Version number
- The LED right next to that will BLINK the minor version.
In the above 8.3 version example, you would see:
- FIRST LED will blink EIGHT (8) times
- After #1 completes, the SECOND LED will blink THREE (3) times